Introduction to the African catfish juvenile system Plug and Play
After the fish are transferred from African catfish fingerling system Plug and Play to the African catfish juvenile system Plug and Play, the fingerlings need about 4 weeks to grow to 5-gram juveniles. The juvenile system consists of two fish tanks which are very easy to maintain (disinfect and clean) between each batch of fry. These larger African catfish juveniles are much stronger than the smaller African catfish fingerlings, giving them a head start in the pre on-growing section of your African catfish grow out farm.
Specifications of the system
- 2x Polypropylene fish tanks with two outlets; one for return to sedimentation tank and one for draining the tank completely
- Sedimentation filter tank (mechanical filtration) allows for removing all the solid particles from the system water flow.
- Moving bed filter tanks (biological filtration), which converts the ammonia produced by the fish into nitrate. Each tank consists of a moving bed filter tank, filled with PP particles and aeration equipment to aerate the filter tank.
- Pump tank in which pump, freshwater supply and overflow pipe are installed.
- Frame (out of SS304) with adjustable stands for easy installation of system.
- 1x Messner pump (70 W – 240 V) (made in Germany)
- 1x 40-watt VGE UV-C unit with SS304 housing (made in The Netherlands)
- 1x Air pump (160 W – 240 V) to aerate the moving bed filter tank
- Connection for freshwater supply (1x floating valve (automatic filling), 1x ball valve (manual filling))
- PVC piping and fittings to connect the different system elements.
Please contact us for more details and latest prices.