Introduction to the Tilapia fingerling system Plug and Play
After the fish are transferred from the incubation system to the tilapia fingerling system Plug and Play, the fry need about 3 weeks to grow to 0.5-gram fingerlings. The fingerling system consists of two fish tanks which are very easy to maintain and disinfected or clean between each batch of fry. Please note that the fingerling systems of tilapia and African catfish are similar in setup with the only difference that the tilapia systems have an aeration module to provide the system water with enough dissolved oxygen.
Specification of the system
- 2x Polypropylene fish tanks with two outlets; one for return to sedimentation tank and one for draining the tank completely
- Sedimentation filter tank (mechanical filtration) allows for removing all the solid particles from the system water flow.
- Moving bed filter tanks (biological filtration) which convert the ammonia produced by the fish into nitrate. Each tank consists of a moving bed filter tank, filled with PP particles and aeration equipment to aerate the filter tank.
- Pump tank in which pump, freshwater supply and overflow pipe are installed.
- Frame (out of SS304) with adjustable stands for easy system installation.
- 1x Messner pump (70 W – 240 V) (made in Germany)
- 1x 40-watt VGE UV-C unit with SS304 housing (made in The Netherlands)
- 1x Air pump (160 W – 240 V) to aerate the moving bed filter tank
- 1x Aeration module, consisting out of Air pump (160 W – 240 V) including supply line and air diffusers in fish tanks
- Connection for freshwater supply (1x floating valve (automatic filling), 1x ball valve (manual filling))
- PVC piping and fittings to connect the different system elements.
Please contact us for more details and latest prices.