Introduction to the Tilapia juvenile system Plug and Play
After the fish are transferred from tilapia fingerling system Plug and Play to the tilapia juvenile system Plug and Play, the fingerlings need about 3 weeks to grow to 3-gram juveniles. The juvenile system consists of two fish tanks which are very easy to maintain (disinfect and clean) between each batch of fry. These larger tilapia juveniles are much stronger than the smaller tilapia fingerlings, giving them a head start in the pre on-growing section of your tilapia grow out farm. Please note that the fingerling systems of tilapia and African catfish are similar in setup with the only difference that the tilapia systems have an aeration module to provide the water in the system with enough dissolved oxygen.
Specifications of the system
- 2x Polypropylene fish tanks with two outlets; one for return to sedimentation tank and one for draining the tank completely
- Sedimentation filter tank (mechanical filtration) allows for removing all the solid particles from the system water flow.
- Moving bed filter tanks (biological filtration), which convert the ammonia produced by the fish into nitrate. Each tank consists of a moving bed filter tank, filled with PP particles and aeration equipment to aerate the filter tank.
- Pump tank in which pump, freshwater supply and overflow pipe are installed.
- Frame (out of SS304) with adjustable stands for easy installation of system.
- 1x Messner pump (70 W – 240 V) (made in Germany)
- 1x 40-watt VGE UV-C unit with SS304 housing (made in The Netherlands)
- 1x Air pump (160 W – 240 V) to aerate the moving bed filter tank
- 1x Aeration module, consisting out of Air pump (160 W – 240 V) including supply line and air diffusers in fish tanks
- Connection for freshwater supply (1x floating valve (automatic filling), 1x ball valve (manual filling))
- PVC piping and fittings to connect the different system elements.
Please contact us for more details and latest prices.